Breakfast recipes that kids can make for Mother’s Day
Start the day full of energy with delicious and healthy breakfast recipes for Mother’s day. Bring the family together, and surprise the queen of the house with a yummy morning feast.
> Rate this article!
Mother’s Day is this Sunday. This is the perfect occasion to dedicate and pay tribute to the most wonderful woman who raised and nurtured you from childhood to adulthood. Wake up a little earlier on Mother’s day, and put together, her favorite morning delicacies.
Make this Mother’s day unforgettable! Ask the kids to help you with the grocery shopping, give them easy tasks like washing the fruits, measuring or mixing the ingredients. Decorate the breakfast tray with some flowers and finish with a lovely handmade card.
Let’s begin! Get the ingredients, follow the instructions and create moments that will last in your heart.
1. Pineapple, strawberry and yogurt smoothie recipe
- 500 grams of fresh strawberries (2-3 cups)
- 2 cups of fresh pineapple juice
- 1 cup of nonfat strawberry yogurt
- Fresh mint leaves and strawberry slices for garnish
- Wash and slice the strawberries. Put in the blender, the fresh pineapple juice, the low-fat strawberry yogurt and strawberry slices, mix the ingredients until you get the smoothie texture. Serve in glasses and put into the refrigerator. Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint leaves. Serve very cold.
2. Banana waffles recipe
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 1 ½ cups of warm milk
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 scoop of low fat ice cream
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and eggs in a bowl, and beat well.
- Heat the milk until gets warm, and add to mixed ingredients.
- Finally, add the oil and bananas. Use a waffle maker to cook the batter. Serve with powdered sugar and a scoop of her favorite low fat ice cream.
3. Ham and peas crostini recipe
- 1 cup of thinly chopped ham
- 1/2 cup of cooked peas
- 1/2 cup of cooked corn
- 12 whole wheat toast or crackers
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in four
- 6 sprigs of pea sprouts (pea shoots)
- 2 sliced small Asian oranges (also known as Kumquat)
- 4 leaves of curly parsley (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a bowl place the chopped ham, peas and corn. Distribute this mixture on toast or crackers. Serve on plates.
- Top each crostini with 1/4 of the cherry tomato and a few leaves of pea shoots . Sprinkle the dish with the remaining leaves.
- In the center of each plate, distribute a few slices of kumquats and garnish with a sprig of curly parsley.
- Before serving, combine the balsamic vinegar with olive oil and pour a few drops on each Crostini. Serve immediately.
Source: Allrecipes , QuéRicaVida.
Continue reading: 5 fat burning foods
Easy Related Posts
Detox water to lose weight and burn fat!
If you want to cleanse your body, burn fat, increase energy and feel healthier, try ...read more
Detox menu with hunger-curbing recipes that really work
If you think you need to endure hunger pangs in order to detox your body, ...read more
The best fruits and vegetables juices recipes to lose the extra pounds!
Learn these simple recipes for the tastiest fruit and veggie juices that will help you ...read more
Salad recipes for HCG Diet
You won't regret trying out these 3 mouth-watering salad recipes for the HCG diet; they ...read more