Please note: Due to packaging updates, the image shown may temporarily appear different from the product received.
36 Effervescent Tablets
Fast Pain Relief
- Acid Indigestion
- Upset Stomach
- Heartburn with Headache
- Body Aches & Pain
For more information visit alka-seltzer.com or with Questions or comments please call 1-800-800-4793.
Active Ingredients: Aspirin (325 mg) (Analgesic), Citric Acid 1000 mg (Antacid), Sodium Bicarbonate (1916 mg) ((heat treated) Antacid)
Inactive Ingredients: None
- Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers should not use this medicine for chicken pox or flu symptoms before a doctor is consulted about Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness reported to be associated with aspirin.
- Allergy Alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include; hives, facial swelling, asthma (wheezing), and shock
- Alcohol Warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take aspirin or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Aspirin may cause stomach bleeding.
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer. Ask a doctor before use if you have asthma, ulcers, bleeding problems, stomach problems that last or come back frequently, such as heartburn, upset stomach, or pain. Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs, on a sodium restricted diet or are taking a prescription drug for anticoagulation (blood thinning), diabetes, gout, or arthritis. When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage. Stop use and ask a doctor if an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away, if symptoms get worse or last more than 10 days, redness or swelling is present, new symptoms occur, ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspiring during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Fully dissolve tablets in 4 ounces of water before taking.
- Adults and Children 12 years and over
- 2 tablets every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor - do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours
- Adults 60 years and over
- 2 tablets every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor - do not exceed 4 tablets in 24 hours.
You do not have to drink any of the residue that may be on the bottom of the glass. The medicines of Alka-Seltzer are in the water.
Each tablet contains: sodium 567 mg. Protect from excessive heat. Alka-Seltzer in water contains principally the antacid sodium citrate and the analgesic sodium acetylsalicylate.