- Upset Stomach Reliever
- Low Sodium
Made in Canada
262mg bismuth subsalicylate per 15mL
|Count||8 fl oz (236 ml)|
Active Ingredients: Bismuth Subsalicylate (262mg)
Inactive Ingredients: Caramel, Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium, Flavor, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Sodium Salicylate, Sorbic Acid, Sucrose (Sugar), Water, Xanthan Gum (245-240)
Reye's Syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changed in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy Alert: Contains salicylate.
Do not take if you are:
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- a bleeding problem
- an ulcer
- bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- a fever
- mucus in stool
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your are taking any drug for:
- anticoagulation (thinning of the blood)
When using this product a temporary but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or the tongue may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Do not use if inner seal is broken or missing.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Shake well immediately before each use
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older: 30mL or 2 tablespoonfuls
- For accurate dosing, use convenient pre-measured dose cup.
- Repeat does every 1/2 hour to 1 hour as needed
- Do not exceed 8 doses in 24 hours
- Use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- Children under 12 years: ask doctor
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
Each 15mL tablespoonful contains 4mg Sodium and 130mg total salicylates.