#1 Professionally Recommended
Safe - Approved for Use on Children Over 3 Months of Age
With a Single Application:
- Kills Lice & Their eggs
- Prevents Reinfestation for 14 days
- Full Prescription Strength
Limited Consumer Warranty If you are not satisfied with Nix, we will refund your purchase price. Send cash register receipt, original UPC code, and reason for dissatisfaction to: Insight Pharmaceuticals Corp., 550 Township Line, Rd., Suite 300, Blue Bell, PA 19422-2726
Questions or Comments? Call 1-888-LICE LINE (1-888-542-3546), Monday to Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM EST
Active Ingredients: Permethrin (280 mg 1%) (Lice Treatment)
Inactive Ingredients: Balsam Fir Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyoxyethylene (10) Cetyl Ether, Propylene Glycol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Water, Isopropyl Alcohol (5.6 g (20%)), Methylparaben (56 mg (0.2%)), Propylparaben (22 mg (0.08%))
For External Use Only.
Do not use on children under 2 months of age, near the eyes, inside the nose, ear, mouth, or vagina, on lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you are allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic episode.
When using this product keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel, if product gets into eyes, immediately flush with large amounts of water, scalp itching or redness may occur
Stop use and see a doctor if breathing difficulty occurs, eye irritation occurs, or skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- all household members should be checked by another person for lice and/or nits (eggs)
- use a magnifying glass in bright light to help you see the lice and nits (eggs)
- use a tool, such as a comb or two unsharpened pencils to lift and part the hair
- look for tiny nits near the scalp, beginning at the back of the neck and behind the ears
- small sections of hair (1-2 inches wide) should be examined at a time
- unlike dandruff, nits stick to the hair. Dandruff should move when lightly touched
- if either lice or nits (eggs) are found, treat with Nix Creme Rinse
- wash hair with a shampoo without conditioner. Do not use a shampoo that contains conditioner, or a conditioner alone since this may decrease the activity of Nix. Rinse with water.
- towel dry hair so it is damp but not wet
- shake the bottle of Nix well
- completely saturate the hair and scalp with Nix. Begin to apply Nix behind the ears and at the back of the neck.
- keep Nix out of the eyes. Protect the eyes with a washcloth or towel.
- leave Nix on the hair for 10 minutes, but not longer
- rinse with warm water
- towel dry hair and comb out tangles
- if live lice are seen seven days or more after the first treatment, a second treatment should be given
- remove nits by combing the hair with special small tooth comb provided. Remaining nits may be removed by hand (using a throw-away glove), or cutting the nits out.
- use the nit comb provided and make sure the hair remains slightly damp while removing nits
- if the hair dries during combing, dampen it slightly with water
- part the hair into 4 sections. Work on one section at a time. Longer hair may take more time (1-2 hours).
- Start at the top of the head on the section you have picked
- with one hand, lift a 1-2 inch wide strand of hair. Get the teeth of the comb as close to the scalp as possible, and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp to the end of the hair.
- use clips to pin back each strand of hair after you have combed out the nits
- clean the comb completely as you go. Wipe the nits from the comb with a tissue, and throw away the tissue in a sealed plastic bag, to prevent the lice from coming back.
- after combing, recheck the entire head for nits and repeat combing if necessary
- check the affected head daily, to remove any nits that you might have missed
Read all the directions in the Consumer Information Insert and warnings before use. Keep the carton. It contains important information. Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)