(Product received may temporarily differ from image shown due to packaging update. Image will be revised, shortly)
Extra Strength | With Nonxynol-9 | Effective Birth Control
For Use with Diaphragm, Condom or Alone for the Prevention of Pregnancy
- No Hormonal Side Effects
Options® offers women a full-range of easy-to use contraceptive product forms that are highly effective, and non-hormonal. Options© Glynol II® Contraceptive Jelly is clear, unscented, water-soluble, and greaseless. It is mildly lubricating, non-staining and it contains Nonxynol-9, which provides effective protection when used with a diaphragm, since a diaphragm alone is not effective protection against pregnancy. The diaphragm and Options© Glynol II® Contraceptive Jelly are effective up to six hours. For best protection against pregnancy, follow the enclosed instruction circular exactly. To open, use top of cap to puncture seal at tube opening. Before use, read entire package insert.
Made in Canada
|Count||2.85 oz (81 g)|
Active Ingredients: Each applicatorful:: Nonoxynol 9 (4.0%)
Inactive Ingredients: Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, Povidone, Propylene Glycol, Water (Purified), Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Sorbic Acid, Sorbitol
- For vaginal use only.
- Not for rectal (anal) use.
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) alert: This product does not protect against HIV/AIDS or other STDs and may increase the risk of getting HIV from an infected partner.
Do not use if you or your sex partner has HIV/AIDS. If you for not know if you or your sex partner is infected, choose another form of birth control.
Ask a doctor before use if you have been told that you should not become pregnant.
When using this product
- you may get vaginal irritation (burning, itching, or a rash)
- douching is not recommended; however, should you want to douche, wait at least 6 hours after intercourse to allow enough time for effective contraceptive protection.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you or your partner get burning, itching, a rash or other irritation of the vagina or penis.
- have difficult or painful urination.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- For best protection against pregnancy, follow the enclosed directions exactly.
- Place one teaspoonful into the cup of the diaphragm prior to insertion. Diaphragm should be inserted no more than six hours prior to intercourse.
- An additional applicatorful is required each time intercourse is repeated or if more than six hours has occurred since insertion.
- When used correctly every time you have sex, latex condoms greatly reduce, but do not eliminate, the risk of catching or spreading HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
- Do not puncture if carton is open.
- Do not use if seal on tube opening is punctured or damaged.
- Store at room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F), avoid exposure to extremes of hot or cold.
- See box end flap or tube crimp for lot number and expiration date.