Famotidine Tablets 10 mg/Acid Reducer
30 Tablets - Just One Per Dose
Relieves & Prevents Heartburn and Acid Indigestion
- 1 Tablet relieves heartburn and acid indigestion (Read Package Insert before use).
- Pepcid AC prevents heartburn and acid indigestion brought on by eating and drinking certain foods and beverages.
Tips for Managing Heartburn:
- Do not lie flat or bend over after eating
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomach
- Do not eat before bedtime
- Raise the head of your bed
- Avoid heartburn-causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, and certain fruits and vegetables
- East slowly and avoid big meals
- If overweight, lose weight
- Quit smoking
The Pepcid® AC Brand name is a guarantee of our commitment to you. We have worked hard to earn your trust and we'll work even harder to maintain it.
Active Ingredients: Famotidine (10 mg per tablet)
Inactive Ingredients: Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Red Iron Oxide, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Starch, Talc, Titanium Dioxide
Allergy Warning: Do not use if you are allergic to Pepcid AC (famotidine) or other acid reducers.
- Do not take the maximum daily dosage (2 tablets) for more than 2 weeks continuously except under the advice and supervision of a doctor.
Do not use
- with other acid reducers.
- If you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not use if the individual blister unit is open or torn.
Read the directions and warnings before use.
Keep the carton and package insert. They contain important information.
- Adults and Children 12 years and older:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water at any time from 15 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn.
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
Keep the carton. It contains important information
Store at 20°-30°C (68°-86°F)
Protect from moisture