For Temporary Relief of Minor Aches & Pains of Muscles & Joints associated with;
- Simple Backache
For temporary relief of minor aches & pains of muscles & joints associated with arthritis, strains, bruises, sprains, stiff neck, sore shoulder, backache, and joint pain.
SALONPAS® HOT releases Capsaicin, a natural, odor free pain reliever, for long lasting pain relief up to 8 hours. Capsaicin, the compound found in chili, cayenne, and jalapeno peppers, is used topically by many medical professionals to help relieve minor pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis or muscle sprains and strains.
Capsaicin alleviates pain by wearing down the pain messangers in an injured area. Specifically, when capsaicin is applied to an inflamed or injured area, it stimulates a pain messager called substance P. SALONPAS® HOT has numerous holes arranged in a pattern of 16 vertical and 12 horizontal. This matrix of 192 holes is punched with extreme precision. SALONPAS® HOT “breathes” through each hole so that you can feel comfortable during use.
Providing effective Pain relief since 1934. The history of medicated patches in Japan reaches back to the 18th century. Hisamitsu inherited this tradition and has worked on improving it since the company was founded in 1847. Salonpas was first introduced in 1934 and is now available in over 50 countries worldwide. Salonpas launched in the United States in 1987 and has been gaining popularity ever since.
Made in Japan
Active Ingredients: Capsicum Extract - 0.025 % as Capsaicin... Topical Analgesic
Inactive Ingredients: Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Hydrogenated Rosin Glycerol Ester, Maleated Rosin Glycerin Ester, Natural Rubber, Polybutene, Polyisobutylene, Silicon Dioxide, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide
For external use only.
Discontinue use at least 1 hour before a bath or shower and do not use immediately after a bath or shower.
Do not use:
- On wounds or damaged skin
- With a heating pad
- With, or at the same times as, other external analgesic products
- If you are allergic to any ingredients of this product
When using this product:
- Do not use otherwise than as directed
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mucous membranes or rashes
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Rash, itching or excessive skin irritation develops
- Conditions worsen
- Symptoms persist for more than 7 days
- Symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Adults and children 12 years of age and over:
- Clean and dry affected area
- Remove patch from film
- Apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily for 7 days
- Remove patch from the skin after at most 8 hour's application
Children under 12 years of age: Consult a doctor.
- Avoid storing product in direct sunlight
- Protect product from excessive moisture