Vicks Children's NyQuil relieves your child's nighttime sniffling, sneezing, and coughing--without alcohol, acetaminophen, or aspirin--so your child can rest.
Temporarily relieves cold symptoms: Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation; Sneezing; Runny nose. For Children 6 years and Older. When using DayQuil or NyQuil products, carefully read each label to insure correct dosing. Use as directed. Keep out of reach of children.
|Count||8 fl oz (236 ml)|
Active Ingredients: Chlorpheniramine Maleate (2mg), Dextromethorphan HBr (15 mg)
Inactive Ingredients: Citric Acid, FD&C Red 40, Flavor, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium Citrate, Sucrose
Failure to follow these warnings could result in serious consequences.
Do not use:
• If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
• To make a child sleep
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
• Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
• A breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
• Trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
• A sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product:
• Do not use more than directed.
• Excitability may occur, especially in children.
• Marked drowsiness may occur.
• Avoid alcoholic drinks.
• Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery.
• Alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
• Cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Tamper evident: Do not use if printed shrinkband is missing or broken."
Use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
Do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hours
Adults and children 12 years and over 30 ml (2 TBSP) every 6 hours
Children 6 to under 12 years 15 ml (1 TBSP) every 6 hours
Children 4 to under 6 years Ask a doctor
Children under 4 years Do not use
Each tablespoon contains 10 mg potassium and 71 mg sodium
Store at room temperature